Monday, May 2, 2011

Proud Momma!

The Walk for Animals was a huge success, despite the less than ideal weather (rained the.whole.time, and was a wee bit chilly for my skinny mini Lucy).  Our team raised over $1000- go us!  Thanks to friends and family, Lucy and I raised $235 in just 9 days, so hopefully next year, we'll be able to raise even more with more time to take advantage of.  I should have some photos soon (I'm waiting on my sister-in-law to post photos from the event, so I'll post them as soon as I get a chance), but here are some of the highlights of the day:

*Stuffing a golden retriever/lab mix, a German shepherd mix, a great Dane puppy, a dachshund, and 5 adults into one truck in order to carpool to the humane society.

*Getting pulled away from the group by the Fox 9 newscaster and being aired live on the morning news with Lucy (she hammed it up for the camera by giving him lots of kisses right at the end of his bit).

*Getting stopped every 15 minutes or so by someone who wanted to take a picture of Lucy or ask a questions regarding her (during both the time we spent perusing the vendors and during the walk).

*Meeting Lucy's almost twin during the walk (he was a 3 month old merle Great Dane/mastiff mix).

*Winding up in a pack of 6 or 7 full grown Great Danes ranging in all of the different colorations for a segment of the walk.

*The fact that Lucy made it all 5 miles in the rain and cold and I only had to pick her up a few times to comfort her!  I am so proud of her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment